ACTIVITIES… BESIDES SKI!
When winter comes, it seems that the world divides into two big categories: those who cannot wait to wear skis and those who would rather escape and prefer the hot season.
Cavalese is located in the heart of the Dolomites and not far away from Val di Fiemme/Obereggen ski areas, part of the biggest ski area in the world Dolomiti Superski. Val di Fiemme/Obereggen can count on 45 ski lifts and more than 90 km of slopes, easily reachable by free skibus with bus stop next to Orso Grigio. Alpe Cermis can be reached also on foot, 1 km away from the hotel, the other ski areas 15-20 minutes by car. Ski lovers cannot miss the big tour “Sellaronda” which crosses the Dolomites along the 4 passes around the Sella mountain (Gardena Valley, Alta Badia, Arabba and Fassa Valley). The recommended starting point is Canazei in Fassa Valley, but a closer one is in Vigo di Fassa (28 km from Cavalese), both reachable by free skibus or private transfer.
If you are here to ski but you don’t have the proper equipment, don’t worry! Our Hotel is partner of two ski rental shops, “Ski Service Cavalese” (100 mt) and “Maestri Seppi” that give you 10% reduction on equipment and fixing service. We will be happy to help you find what you need (downhill skiing, cross country, snowboard or mountaineering)
But a mountain holiday is not just ski, there are many other activities to enjoy snow and involve hot season lovers:
1) Ice-skate or sledding and if you love nature but not speed try cross country skiing or snow shoes tours.
2) Discover alp lodges! After a long tour enjoy a relaxing break in one of the beautiful alp lodges, where you can taste local dishes or a hot chocolate.
3) If snow is not for you, let yourself be pampered in our Wellness Centre. There is nothing better than a hot sauna when the temperature outside is low. If you want to spend a romantic evening you can book the private use.
4) Eat! Fresh mountain air makes you hungry, book your table at Orso Grigio restaurant and enjoy our gourmet dishes. A holiday without good food is not a holiday!
5) Take pictures! Don’t forget your camera and capture the stunning views of Trentino, how snow can change the landscape and create natural ice sculptures, how little animals manage to live during winter. Or if you wish, just admire all this with your own eyes.
Hotel Orso Grigio staff is ready to give you many ideas to spend your holiday in Fiemme Valley.